Join the Adsys Controls team where you can work with the best, accelerate your career, address complex challenges and grow professionally and personally. At Adsys Controls, you will provide solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical perception systems, high energy lasers, and unmanned aerial systems for government and commercial markets.
Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Type of Job: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Experience Level: 1-5 years total experience
Clearance Type: US Citizenship Required. Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
Embedded Software Engineer with 1-5 years of experience to design and program real-time embedded systems in C/C++ for machine vision and control applications. You should be familiar with the entire software development process including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration and test. You must demonstrate familiarity with structured analysis and design as well as object-oriented analysis and design. You must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. You must be highly self-motivated and have a fundamental understanding of real-time embedded systems that include microcontroller and embedded systems software development tools and methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide postproduction support
- Interface with hardware design and development team
- Assess third party and open-source software
- Support technical development of proposals and follow-on opportunities.
- Assist with technical mentorship, goal setting, and related developmental activities.
- Assist with the hiring and training new team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant major (MS Preferred)
- 1-5 yrs real-time & embedded software engineering experience
- Ability to identify and analyze problems in a systematic and timely manner, drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on data and information, and accurately assessing the root cause before moving to a solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic hardware, real-time computing platforms including single board computers and microcontrollers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Extensive experience programming in C and C++
- Familiarity with scripting languages for data processing and test automation (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash).
- Experience developing on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of network protocols and experience with socket programming
- Knowledge of common communication protocols such as, CAN, RS-232, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Basic understanding of Matlab and/or Python for data reduction and analysis
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Experience as a task lead with responsibility over technical direction, project planning, and project execution for a 2-4 person team a plus
- Ability to balance multiple projects and communicate project status, issues and requirements efficiently
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action. Takes the initiative to learn the systems, software and job duties
- Proficiency in working both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Development is a plus.
- Experience with DoD programs, processes and requirements
What you can expect
Leading-edge Innovation: From photons to final products and effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our tech industry customers and internally developed products.
Building Foundational Values: As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work: Our small team format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to wear many hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and help build our teams for the future.
Your Wellbeing is a Top Priority: Our competitive pay, flexible schedules, and comprehensive benefits enable you to truly live both inside and outside of work.
A Place To Be Your Best: You will be exposed to new and challenging cross-functional areas in a unique way. You will operate from the system level down to the component level to deliver functional systems to the warfighter and advance commercial autonomous systems.
Advanced Technologies with Purpose: Whether it be high energy lasers, autonomous systems or advanced visual perception solutions, you will directly impact the safety and security of our nation. Not only are we aiding the American warfighter, but we are focused on transitioning our technologies to commercial products for a better world.
Commitment to Exploration: We foster innovation, growth and leadership to fuel human curiosity and go beyond today’s horizons. You will be contributing to America’s world status through innovative technologies and future solutions. Join us in the journey.
What it takes to be a successful Adsys Controls employee
At Adsys Controls we love hard problems. We engage in respectful debate and develop great solutions from these discussions
At Adsys Controls, we are a small but mighty team. Every member contributes, learns, and grows together. Your contribution is critical to the success of our team.
At Adsys Controls, our team members take initiative, anticipate problems and drive solutions. Staff are encouraged to take ownership, deliver work of the highest quality, and drive communication with peers and management.
At Adsys Controls, we are a research and development, prototyping and product development organization and we love to drive new ideas. We explore new solutions to customer problems and synthesize effective solutions.
At Adsys Controls we love to be challenged and we persevere to see our innovations through to completion. For the Adsys Controls team, the best problems start with “Nobody knows how to do that”. At Adsys Controls we provide solutions to the previously unsolvable.
At Adsys Controls, we start with the objective and build the system to overcome our customer’s toughest obstacle.
At Adsys Controls, we want our customers to say “Wow!” We want to break new ground and exceed expectations for our customer.
Broad selection of Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Our 401(k) plan features 3% company contributions without vesting schedules.
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS SYSTEM
Provide incentive to our staff with generous allocations for staff performance bonuses.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement, career-building programs and advanced degrees.
Family leave provided in accordance with the family medical leave act. When you return to work, we do our best to support your transition and work/life balance.
We offer PTO, paid holidays and personal days and sick leave.
We offer flexible work schedules.
We provide products and services for electro-optical systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C, electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls and autonomy.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Adsys Controls is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.