This position is responsible for the implementing the Quality Management System under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. The incumbent is responsible for project management, program launches and working in conjunction with the Applications Engineers, supplier development and first article and source inspection.
- Project Management: Ensure timely completion of all projects. Plan and organize projects through the use of work breakdown structure, Gantt Charts and Projects Plans. Track project status through regular meetings, documenting progress with Gantt chart and report to supervisor. Effectively oversee obstacles in order to maintain project progress.
- Program Launches: Advanced Quality Planning, Work with Application Engineers, Product and Manufacturing Engineering in the development and launch of new programs. Utilize Advanced Quality Planning Tools, such as PFMEA's, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis and Process Capability Studies.
- RBC-API Supplier Development: Work with Purchasing on improving the capability and stability of RBC-API's Supply base. Utilize the PFMEA process to improve the effectiveness of inspection departments. Suggest and implement improvements to our Supplier surveillance/auditing process. Improvements should include flow down of our quality management system requirements and our customer's requirements.
- First Article & Source Inspection: Refine process to minimize errors and to prevent need of corrective actions.
- Internal & External Quality Management System and Process Audits: Perform and document Supplier Surveillance by performing site audits of Key suppliers and supplier that do not meet performance targets. Data collection for a schedule, audit plans and metrics to analyze their Quality performance.
- Failure analysis of customer rejections
- Trouble shooting of manufacturing and or assembled components non-conformances.
RBC Bearings Incorporated (NYSE: RBC/RBCP) is a leading international manufacturer of highly engineered precision bearings, components and essential systems for the industrial, defense and aerospace industries. Founded in 1919, the Company is primarily focused on producing highly technical and/or regulated bearing products and components requiring sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities for the diversified industrial, aerospace and defense markets. We currently have 56 facilities, of which 37 are manufacturing facilities in ten countries and our market capitalization is approximately $6.2 billion.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.