ESI Technology is a leading manufacturer and designer of pressure transducers and transmitters which are supplied to all areas of industry. Our customer base extends from the UK to worldwide. We offer excellent career prospects for an electronics design engineer, either experienced or newly qualified.
You will work full-time within a committed and supportive multi-disciplined engineering department. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated electronics engineer to be involved in the design of new products, and the development and maintenance of existing product lines.
The candidate will have good experience in electronics design together with embedded software design. Proficiency in both analogue and digital electronic design is necessary with an understanding of the integration of electronics into the mechanical design of a product.
Experience with PCB layout, embedded micro-controller circuit design and development tools is required. Must be fluent in C and C# programming languages and be proficient using software development tools such as Microchip MPLAB X IDE and Microsoft Visual Studio, Microchip PIC and other 3rd party software compliers.
A good understanding of electronic sensors, measurement systems and instrumentation would be an advantage.
The chosen candidate must have good interpersonal skills, and be able to collaborate with other designers and members of the team. They must also be IT literate and proficient in all standard Microsoft programs.
- Design and develop new products and product improvements
- Originate electronics and embedded software designs
- Component layout and routing of printed circuit boards
- Hands on electronics development, prototype design and testing
- EMC testing with in-house equipment and through liaising with EMC test house
- Ensure that technical files are created/maintained and assist with product compliance
- Product documentation such as assembly/placement drawings, BOMs, specifications, technical reports
- Communication with suppliers to ensure solutions are easily transferred into production
- Administration of PCB CAD system and interface to the 3D CAD system
- Provide technical support to other areas of the business as required
Required Experience and Skills
- Preferably 2 years’ experience with electronics design in industry
- University Degree / HND in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Also open to an exemplary graduate with BEng(Hons) degree
- £30,000 - £43,000 salary dependant on experience
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Full-time, temporary leading into permanent position based in Wrexham
- 39 hour working week
- A highly stimulating position in a successful, well-known company with an internationally leading product-range
- The opportunity to work in a lively, atmospheric working environment
- Become a valuable member of a collaborative, pro-active team
- Private parking on site
- Break room with kitchen and tea/ coffee making facilities
If you feel to be the right candidate please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or for further information call 01978 262 255