Who we are
We are a leading developer of subsea technology mostly related to mooring and anchoring of floating offshore wind and marine renewable energy generating platforms. We employ a diverse team of mechanical, geotechnical, ocean, and systems engineers, and business development specialists to create innovative technological solutions and implement them in the commercial market. Triton retains significant talent in the areas of mechanical engineering, mooring design, geotechnical engineering, and offshore maritime subsea construction. Triton is a Business Network for Offshore Wind Leadership Members, and a part of the Floating Offshore Wind Working Group.
Triton Anchor's mission is to responsibly unlock the energy of the ocean by providing cost-effective and ecologically mindful anchoring solutions for floating offshore wind technologies.
Our team is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to strengthen our multi-disciplinary team working on products related to offshore renewable energy. Innovation and technical problem solving will be a major part of your position along with the ability to work productively with a diverse team of engineers and business co-workers. You will lead engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the operation of Subsea hydraulic tooling and other subsea mechanical systems.
You may be interested if you...
- Want a variety of responsibilities across mechanical design, assembly, and testing
- Like working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Enjoy hands-on rapid prototyping and iterative design
- Want to see your ideas put into use on a more immediate time scale
- Want creative autonomy with mentorship from experienced engineers
- Are interested in subsea robotics and renewable energy
- The engineer independently directs and technically manages engineering and design activities under the guidance of the CTO, and is responsible for tracking progress and technical adequacy of the design solution
- Works collaboratively with engineers to create and refine concept designs into detailed designs to meet client requirements.
- Modifies machine or structural designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of structural, machine, and subassemblies, including but not limited to specifications of moving parts and material properties.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Designs components and structures with the end user in mind with safety as the number one priority.
- Develops and drives innovative solutions from concept to production. Identifies design faults and suggests alternatives.
- Provides input in design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment, subsea equipment and subsea hardware. This may include identifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) pieces, vendor, and assisting with material selection.
- Create or review concept designs and drawings
- Create or review manufacturing drawings.
- Perform technical evaluations of existing designs.
- Interpret FEA and stress results to advance the design
- Identify material, coating, and cathodic protection solutions for subsea hardware
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of practical technical experience in the engineering process, including concept development, analysis, design, drawing, integration and testing of complex mechanical and/or ocean deployed systems
- Able to apply an advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering and an understanding of related engineering fields
- Knowledge of dynamic mechanical systems, including bearings, gears, motors, screws, etc.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, NX, etc.), and Microsoft Office
- Experience with GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis, and design for manufacturability
We would especially like to talk to you if you...
- Have experience with ROV and/or subsea equipment design and engineering
- Have experience performing material selection for subsea structures, subsea equipment, and ROV tooling
- Enjoy a mixture of hands on assembly and testing as well as computer aided design
Due to the nature of our business and information associated with this position, interested candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Triton Systems' Headquarters is located in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Triton Systems is a U. S. Government contractor, therefore we are required to gather applicant information for Government reporting purposes. To apply for this position please go to our website's Careers section at www.tritonsystems.com and follow the Clicking Here link to our applicant tracking database to complete the application process. This will ensure efficient processing of your application.