Apex.AI is seeking a talented Senior Application Engineer to develop automotive applications using Apex.OS together with our product teams and our global customers. Your work will create solutions based on our products that address concrete customer needs. The Application Engineering team is looking for strong C++ developers with automotive software experience to bolster our software development efforts.
You will develop, deploy, and support software and provide support to local, domestic, and international customers. You will cooperate closely with our internal development teams to create a quality product. In addition, you will have various opportunities to contribute features to our core products. You will gain deep technical knowledge about Apex.OS. If you love to code in C++ and enjoy working with others, this is the perfect role for you!
This role is located in our Palo Alto office. Current work authorization in the US is required.
What You'll Do
- Apply your excellent problem-solving and C++ development skills toward developing functions, applications, and solutions for automotive and smart machine applications
- Implement software to bridge between legacy automotive software and ROS 2-based software
- Roll out Apex.AI software to customers for series production projects and provide technical support
- A B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of C++ software development experience
- Experience with automotive E/E architectures and communication protocols (SOME/IP, CAN, UDS, etc.)
- Proficient presentation and communication skills in English
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with git, GitLab, or similar tools
- Experience in relevant industries, such as automotive, aerospace, industrial, and robotics
Great to Have
- Previous experience in technical professional services or sales
- Experience with ROS 2 framework
- Developed and deployed software in series production projects
- Experience with Hardware Accelerators and Machine Learning Frameworks
- Customer training experience
- Experience with Bazel
$135,000 - $172,000 a year
The base salary band for this role is $135,000 - 172,000. Equity, benefits, and variable bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors including the candidate's skills, experience, and other qualifications.
Apex.AI is an international developer of safety-certified base software, enabling a faster transition to software-defined vehicles and software-defined mobility. The company’s software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx. Through a proprietary process, we add what is necessary to support commercial and safety-critical applications such as functional safety, real-time determinism and flawless performance.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
The company’s headquarters is located in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart in Germany, Gothenburg in Sweden, Tokyo in Japan and Pangyo in South Korea. To date, Apex.AI has raised over $75 million USD from world-class venture, financial and strategic investors including AGCO, Airbus Ventures, Canaan, Continental AG, Daimler Truck, HELLA Ventures, Jaguar Land Rover’s InMotion Ventures, Lightspeed, Orillion, Toyota Ventures, Volvo Group Venture Capital and ZF.