DroneShield is seeking a Software Engineer with relevant experience to join the team in Warrenton, Virginia.
The position will report to the Technical Team Lead.
As DroneShield continues to rapidly grow as a leader in the quickly emerging counter-UAS/counterdrone sector, we are seeking a Software Engineer to assist with integrations of our cutting-edge technologies with Government customers and partners. The right person will have a broad tech stack ability, be adaptable and versatile, and able to work with internal tech teams and external engineering teams (customer and partners) alike.
Responsibilities, Duties and Expectations
- Design, develop and deploy scripts and services to integrate highly technical sensors into web-based Command and Control (C2) platform
- Translate complex business requirements into software solutions that offer high availability, reliability, and performance
- Work with partner and customer organizations to present, design and optimise distributed systems to meet their expectations
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary engineers in the US and Australia
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- This role requires up to 25%
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with sensor integration and distributed ‘IoT like’ systems is required
- Experience with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, developing large software systems, microservice infrastructure and/or security software development is ideal
- Strong networking and scripting experience is required
- Defense industry experience is preferred
- Comfortable working with customers and partners to communicate solutions to complex problems
- Experience developing systems that utilize Machine Learning or complex algorithm services is preferred
- Previous ‘start-up’ or ‘scale-up’ experience is preferred