PCTEL's - Test and Measurement team in Clarksburg, Maryland is seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to design, develop and test real-time embedded software to support telecommunications test and measurement equipment. The selected candidate will perform the following:
- Design, implement, and integrate real-time software modules to control telecommunications equipment
- Develop Assembly language, C and C++ modules to control ARM, Intel, and MPC processors
- Develop software requirements and functional specifications, software design documents, and test documents
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of both external and internal PC-based software applications for equipment servicing the telecommunications industry
- Work cooperatively with other Software and Hardware Engineers and take direction from senior-level positions as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the assignments.
- Provide technical direction and mentor associate software engineers
- Occasionally interface with customers, marketing, and other disciplines to assist in the marketing of PCTEL products
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The position requires:
- Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience
- Experience with the following:
- Software design methodologies (OOD, OOP) multi-tasking, synchronization and blocking mechanisms, mailboxes, queues, and hardware control functions
- C/C++/Assembler and Embedded Systems Software Development with object-oriented design
- Configuration and porting of kernel/OS with new device driver on different platforms, BSP/LSP, bootloader, or board bring-up
- Linux device drivers (e.g., NAND, SDIO, LCD, USB, UART, etc.) kernel software, and Linux performance analysis
- Linux source code management tools git, svn, cvs
- In-Circuit Emulation systems, oscilloscopes, KDB, GDB Debugged, Oscilloscope, JTAG, and Logic Analyzer
- Linux kernel structure, system, and operation
- Advanced skills in MS Office and some experience with MS Project
- Advanced written and verbal skills in the English language.
We offer generous benefits and competitive base pay. Apply online at www.pctel.com.
PCTEL, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.