Reporting to Evolution Measurement’s Engineering Manager, this is a demanding full-time position with a wide range of responsibilities. The primary function in this role is to ensure that all engineering processes for the company run reliably and efficiently providing support to the Engineering Manager and General Manager with day-to-day engineering tasks, operating at the Andover facility. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
MAIN DUTIES & KEY SKILLS:
- Good working knowledge of using embedded C to program ARM Microcontrollers
- Electronic proficiency (Schematic & PCB Design tools, Embedded Programming, Digital and Analog circuit design).
- Engineering management support including
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Assist with the coordination of new product designs from conception through to production, liaising with internal departments as required, meeting budget and time requirements as detailed during inception and project meetings
- Analyse technology, resource needs and market demand, with the assistance of the Sales team, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Assist with the review and approval of product design and changes
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar, HNC/HND also considered.
- Aptitude for Maths
- Good IT Skills, including use of MS Word, MS Excel, Sharepoint would be an advantage.
- Use of SPI, I2C to communicate with peripheral components
- Strong Interest in technology
- Self-time management
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Eclipse GCC or similar IDE
- Knowledge of STM32 ARM MCU’s
- LabView – data logging, GUI, hardware communication protocols – Ethernet, CAN, USB.
- Knowledge of Electronics components and how they are integrated into a circuit.
- Electronic hardware design – Schematic & PCB layout – (Kicad, Eagle, Orcad or similar)
- Version controlling your projects (GIT or Similar)
- Knowledge of Ethernet protocols especially in an embedded environment (LWIP or similar)
- Knowledge of CAN bus ideally in an Autosport environment
- Oscilloscope and DVM usage
- Soldering skills.
- Debugging circuits.
- Analog circuitry design.
- Integrating PCB’s with other mechanical components (3D CAD e.g. CATIA, Fusion 360, Solidworks)
- An interest in Motorsport, Aerospace or similar.
The Company will both develop and manage further training as required for the right candidate, support will be both present and visible with any additional training requirements being identified in consultation with you and implemented as necessary. This position will offer opportunities for growth within the business, and it is seen that this role will develop. Providing an excellent package including pension scheme, competitive salary and working in a busy, fast paced environment.