The Aerospace Engineer will lead development activities related to winged VTOL/UAS aircraft applications utilizing LPI’s hybrid drive.
You’re an experienced Engineer with diverse capabilities to lead a UAS program. Applicants should have 7+ years’ experience in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Design and develop winged VTOL system(vehicle will be using LiquidPiston's hybrid engine technology).
- Lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Work with design, analysis, testing, and manufacturing teams to achieve project goals.
- Prepare monthly reports/slides and communicate with DoD customers.
- A dreamer, an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker with an analytical mind. A hands-on problem solver.
- A degreed (prefer MS or Ph.D) engineer with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read drawings and 3D models. (SolidWorks, CFD, MatLab preferred).
- A proficient with the use of design and simulation tools (SolidWorks, MATLAB/Simulink).
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Creative and up for a challenge- our goal is to build the world’s most efficient and power-dense VTOL aircraft based on our rotary engine, and you will be leading the way.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and CFD Simulation
- Hands-On; Design, Build and Testing
- Project Management and Presentation skills; MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Excel
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.