Evolito’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of electric propulsion in aerospace applications in support of a net-zero world. We will help to revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free air transportation.
Evolito develops and manufactures class-leading, lightweight, high-power, and high-torque-density electric propulsion systems for a range of aerospace markets, including EVTOL, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and General Aviation.
As well as ultra-high performance, low-weight electric motors and controllers, Evolito specialises in high integrity, bespoke battery systems for the aerospace and defence markets. The team is scaling rapidly and has ambitious growth plans over the next twelve to eighteen months.
As part of our current high-growth phase, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team to design, implement, test and document hardware used in Evolito’s revolutionary aerospace battery management system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and validate electronics hardware for use in a battery management system product used in aerospace applications
- Lead and contribute to design reviews
- Contribute to the justification of the designs compliance with the functional safety case
- Interface with component suppliers
- Simulation of electrical models and evaluation of results
- Support PCB layout design
- Provide manufacturing support
- Evaluate component lifetime, limits and derating
- Supporting EMC testing and the development of technical files
Skills and experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with proven experience in an electronic design role, preferably for aerospace applications
- Good knowledge of ECAD tools, EMC testing and aerospace electronic systems
- Previous experience performing worst case analysis and reliability analysis on complex electronic designs
- Good understanding of DFM best practice and both PCB and PCB Assembly manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of design for EMC best practices and how this needs to be considered within component and product design
- Experience performing HW DFMEA and a good understanding of the overall DFMEA process
- Experience of developing products that comply with functional safety standards (such as ARP4754A/DO254)
- Confident with customers and suppliers, able to detail requirements and understand issues
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- Results-orientated and self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- An interest in continuous professional development and combining experience with new or novel techniques
- Release and revision control
- Willingness to travel as required.
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.