- Work together with Design Engineering to identify points of failure and generate design validation plans to target critical points or new technologies.
- Collaborate with technicians to perform component or system tests by simulating realistic or accelerated dynamic usage and environmental conditions.
- Design, build, instrument, and automate test equipment and fixtures for mechanical, thermal and electrical systems.
- Investigate failures to drive product improvement through testing in collaboration with quality teams.
- Define end-of-line test procedures for final assembly in production.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study.
- 5+ years of experience of electro-mechanical system testing in robotics or automation.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical test fixtures.
- Competency using advanced software such as Python/Matlab/Simulink or Labview.
- Experience with Solidworks in a collaborative environment such as PDM.
- Familiarity with common mechanical prototyping tools is a plus (mill, lathe, laser, printer, etc).
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to operate autonomously.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English skills.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.