The successful candidate will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of a robust, deterministic, and highly scalable software simulation framework. They will work closely with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, data scientists, pilots, and other stakeholders to create and improve one of the highest fidelity flight simulators.
We are looking for talented engineers with OOP C++ development skills who can design and build a high-fidelity simulator that will help drive the development, verification, and certification activities for a one-of-a-kind fully electric aircraft.
- University degree in computer science or computer engineering and 7+ years industry experience. An advanced degree and 5+ years industry experience will also be considered.
- Practial knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Demonstatable knowledge of C++ and knowledge of multi-threaded systems
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- Exposure to python
- A Positive attitude and a passion for Aerospace!
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work inside of a team.
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $97,500-$191,000. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.