Participate in all aspects of design and validation of ultra-rugged handheld computer electronic hardware and firmware. Low power analog and digital design using cutting edge mobile computer technology. Strength in any or all of the following areas is a plus - 32 bit ARM microcontrollers, mobile DDR sdram, low power battery operated design, firmware and software design in C and ASM, integrated wireless communications such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cellular, GPS, a passion for handheld computer technology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance, analysis, and technical expertise on the latest technologies available for use in product line
- Assists in the planning and development of new handheld computer products
- Responsible for the design of some of the electronic hardware and firmware used in handheld computer products
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and service for electronic hardware and firmware
- Reads and interprets datasheets as part of troubleshooting and component selection
- Performs testing and technical analysis as part of the qualification process for new and replacement electronic parts
- Works directly with senior engineers regarding design details, development processes and methods and schedules, defect resolution, and future product technologies
- Documents critical information about processes and products.
- Motivation - This job requires the motivation to continually learn current and emerging technologies and discover solutions to technical problems. Roadblocks should serve as opportunities to learn and grow. A passion for discovering the truth in any situation should always override the personal desire to be right.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 3 years’ experience OR an equivalent combination of schooling and experience.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of engineering software.
This position requires sitting for extended periods of time and use of hands. Requires the ability to see.
Working Hours and Conditions:
Normal 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, normal time off for holidays. Weekend work not required. Typically required travel is less than 20 nights per year, which travel might include some weekend time. This type of job requires minimal physical exertion. This could be salary or wage job(s).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Juniper Systems.
Juniper Systems, Inc. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.