Avion Solutions Inc., an employee-owned company, is seeking candidates for a Systems Engineer/MBSE to support Avion Solutions. This position is based in Huntsville, AL.
- Will work with program integrators, logisticians, and other engineering disciplines to apply the system engineering process to the respective programs.
- Will support Rotorcraft, Fixed Wing, and/or Unmanned systems across the PEO-Aviation portfolio.
- Participate in program and design reviews and technical meetings.
- Develop and maintain SysML models of requirements and specifications.
- Integrate multi-domain system functional models using MBSE principles.
- Develop and maintain system of interest functional and logical models.
- Develop integration and training requirements for the expansion of model-based systems engineering utilization in Army Aviation
- Participate in system requirements reviews and create and/or update requirement specifications and airworthiness qualification models.
- The Systems Engineer will be responsible for advocating for rigorous systems engineering management principles and advising assigned Product Office(s) or projects.
- Provide input to scopes of work (SOWs) to ensure appropriate systems engineering requirement management, technical reviews, and CDRLs are incorporated appropriately.
- Ensure system and subsystem requirements are traceable and verifiable.
- Develop and utilize scripts, templates, and views to extract data and facilitate reviews.
- Explore and implement process improvements.
- Will utilize an array of digital engineering toolsets including Cameo Enterprise Architecture (CEA), Teamwork Cloud, Windchill, Active Risk Manager (ARM), and Syndeia, amongst others.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in an Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of experience in applied Systems Engineering, preferably working with Army aircraft.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and parts lists.
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be a US Citizen and have/able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time. US travel only.
- Experience with various SysML modeling tools - Cameo Magic Draw (preferred), Rhapsody, etc.
- Understanding of system interface requirements and requirements management through SysML models.
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test, and system integration to accommodate End-to-End systems Engineering.
- Experience in the development of manned or unmanned aviation systems.
Equal Opportunity: Avion Solutions, Inc. reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Avion Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA-governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. Avion Solutions, Inc. provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.