ABOUT THE POSITION
Serve as an Electronics Engineer, responsible for designing and maintaining the technical quality of electronic systems in our Aerospace and Defense products. Design AC and DC power systems hardware and controls suitable for a variety of environments including defense and space; modify, troubleshoot, validate and maintain hardware as required; and work in team arrangement as a Project Engineer. Ideal candidate will have experience in designing power conversion circuits (AC/DC, DC/DC, AC/AC), precision voltage/current measurement circuits and analog/digital conversion, and analog and digital feedback and control; designing for system efficiency (weight, size, cost, and loss), manufacturing efficiency, and reliability in high vibration and corrosive environments; software development using C and C++ language; use of schematic capture, printed circuit layout and design simulation tools.
• Perform circuit design, layout and prototyping to verify design concepts.
• Prepare, review and/or interpret drawings, specifications and other customer requirements.
• Interpret analytical and test results and apply results to the improvement of the product.
• Coordinate and interface with multiple vendors to achieve implementation or construction system.
• Develop system specifications in accordance with applicable engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
• Solve processing and production problems by obtaining data and performing analysis to identify cause and effect.
• Effectively interpret and communicate technical information and complex ideas in support of external and internal customers.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to peers, management and end customer (written and oral)
• Design for Manufacturability
• U.S. Persons
• Bachelor's Degree in Electonics Engineering or related field. Required.
• Knowledge of AC to DC and DC to DC power conversion is required
• Knowledge of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion is required
• Experience in precision voltage and current measurement is preferred
• Experience in schematic capture, circuit simulation, and PCB layout is required; prior experience with Altium preferred
• Embedded controller design and software/firmware programming experience/capability preferred
• Experience designing for high reliability harsh environments preferred
• Familiarity with AS9100, ISO9001, DoD, NASA and IPC standards and quality requirements preferred
• Experience in development and maintenance of Engineering and Production documentation required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office for data analysis, reduction, and presentation required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills preferred
• Minimum three years of work experience in related role in engineering preferred, but would also consider new graduates
• Demonstrated self-starter and schedule-driven required
• Demonstrated attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information required
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
• 10 paid holidays and PTO;
• Matching 401K;
• Tuition reimbursement;
• Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EaglePicher is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster.
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster and the Pay Transparency Policy.