Mixing technology, data, and first-in-class innovation, EagleView® is not only leading the property data analytics market, but also changing lives along the way. Come join us and make great things happen!
EagleView is a fast-growing technology company driving game-changing innovation in multibillion-dollar markets such as property insurance, energy, construction, and government. Leveraging 20 years of the most advanced aerial imaging technology in the world, along with the most recent advances in machine learning and AI, EagleView is fundamentally transforming how our customers do business.
EagleView is looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver mission critical cloud-based at-scale backend services and responsive frontend web applications. Ideal candidates will have worked as a Staff Software Engineer or in a similar capacity as part of a high technology company developing highly scalable and reliable backend services and frontend web applications.
In this role you will build and expand EagleView’s next generation of backend services and frontend applications that support various geospatial and 3D initiatives. In addition, you will leverage your extensive cloud-based software engineering experience to guide the design, development, and delivery of at-scale, enterprise-caliber software.
- Lead technical initiatives from design and implementation to delivery and ongoing support
- Lead design sessions with the goal of coming up with simple solutions extracted from complex requirements
- Passionate about code quality and producing enterprise-caliber software with the constant aim of reducing complexity
- Regularly pursue simple yet pragmatic solutions that result in rapidly shippable code
- Actively participate in roadmap and feature planning activities to ensure objectives, features, and deliverables are clearly understood with well-defined success criteria
- Proactively reuse code through the extraction of software libraries or common services or components
- Aggressively pursue innovation opportunities and look for disruptive solutions
- Assist in the hiring process, including candidate interviews and new employee onboarding
- Support a software craftsmanship culture that emphasizes delivering high quality, enterprise-scale, extremely reliable software solutions
- Leverage frequent communication, both written and verbal, to ensure alignment and drive transparency with your team
- Operate and integrate seamlessly with a multicultural, global workforce
- Mentor and guide early career and less experienced team members as opportunities arise
- Play a technical leadership role guiding less experienced software engineers in the production of high quality software
- Demonstrated experience building single page or progressive web applications using ReactJS, Svelte, AngularJS, VueJS, etc.
- Strong experience building event-driven distributed systems using cloud-based architectural patterns
- Enterprise-caliber expertise in designing, building, and delivering highly scalable RESTful/GraphQL/gRPC backend services & capabilities
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, writing transactions, migrations, and queries
- Strong experience with containers, Kubernetes, and public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with Jenkins or similar automation solutions
- Exposure to writing multi-threaded, multi-core software for CPU intensive applications
- Exposure to solving high-concurrency problems using asynchronous code
- Comfortable with iterative approaches to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability, and performance
- Excellent engineering craftsmanship demonstrated through depth and breadth of technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Excellent communication in English, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative working style with a primary focus on the delivery of outcomes
- Experience assessing and executing both technical and non-technical improvement opportunities
- An ability to empathize with customers and a strong advocate for customer-driven evolution
- Experience working within governed Enterprise Agile planning and delivery frameworks
The compensation offered to the successful candidate will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s work experience, education and licenses, work-related training, key skills, the core duties of the role and its associated responsibilities, additional benefits offered, and the location where the work will be performed. All Fulltime (30+ hours) employees are eligible for PTO, Sick and Parental Leave; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; 401(k) Plan; Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts; Life Insurance; Employee Assistance Program. This is a full-time, remote position with salary range of $130,000 - $170,000, bonus eligible.
EagleView® and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create opportunities for our business and our people. EEO/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Eagleview is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and E-VerifyEmployer, committed to a diverse workforce.