General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position will support operations of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and repairs systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Must ensure traceability between system, subsystem and component level requirements.
- Directs the activities of designers, technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Direct experience with aircraft propulsion engineering and systems, including gas turbine / internal combustion engine design and aircraft fuel and oil systems
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft engine technology and systems, including turbofan, turboprop and turbojet engines
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft propeller technology, including general working knowledge of theory and maintenance process
- Ability to develop, document and release propulsion systems requirements.
- Direct experience with fast paced development process, especially aircraft propulsion system development and integration
- Experience with detailed design, fabrication and qualification of engine Truss, Nacelle, firewall and critical propulsion system components
- Ability to determine and validate propulsion testing instrumentations (i.e. fuel flow meter, pressure transducer, Thermo-couples and etc.)
- Ability to use Engine Deck models to perform parametric study of engine performance with varying conditions
- Ability to use IADS and other Data Acquisition software to collect and analyze data
- Familiar with FEA analysis, thermal analysis, and Failure Modes and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Ability to manage supplier development, test and qualification activities
- Understanding of military configuration control procedures and drafting standards
- Experience with aircraft flight and ground testing with emphasis on technical report writing.
- Working knowledge of engine overhaul procedures and maintenance instruction.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is required.
- Previous experience with engine cycle decks and ability to conduct parametric performance studies.
- Ability to configure and validate propulsion testing instrumentations (i.e., flow meter, pressure transducer, thermocouple etc.).
- Experience with IADS and other data acquisition software to collect and analyze data.
- Experience with detailed design, fabrication, and integration of critical propulsion system components.
- Direct experience with aircraft propulsion engineering and systems, including gas turbine / internal combustion engine design and aircraft fuel and oil systems.
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft engine technology and systems, including turbofan, turboprop, and turbojet engines.
- Basic understanding and ability to run simple FEA analysis (ANSYS).
- Basic understanding and ability to use either MATLAB, VBA, or similar for post processing.
$81,080 - $141,650
Travel Percentage Required 0 - 25
Relocation Assistance Provided Provided
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret