Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
As a Sr Principal Electromagnetic/RF Engineer (Sr Prin Electrical Eng) for Composites Solutions Division, you’ll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for the design, manufacturing, and testing of the worlds most advanced Radomes and Composite Structures. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Radome and antenna design and performance evaluation, including signature control
- Simulation code development & commercial code (HFSS, CST, FEKO) application
- Dielectric material measurement – dielectric constant and loss tangent.
- Radome wall measurements – transmission and reflection.
- Radome acceptance testing: transmission, beam deflection, polarization effects, null depth, radiation pattern.
- Test system design and implementation.
- Support development of new materials and processes (e.g., additive manufacturing)
- Evaluate RF performance impact of repairs and manufacturing tolerances
What sets you apart:
- Previous work experience in design and measurement of radomes or the related fields of antennas, microwave networks, or optics.
- Laboratory experience with RF test equipment and techniques.
- Experience with RF test ranges for antennas/radomes/RCS evaluation.
- Familiarity with composite and additive manufacturing techniques
Our Commitment to You:
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation’s security
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
- This position is ON-SITE in Marion, VA.
- A Hybrid work schedule may be available but will require a minimum of 3 day's per week on-site.
- Relocation assistance and/or sign on bonuses may be available.
MARION, VA area:
- Marion is nestled in the Virginia Highlands, abounding in beautiful countryside. State parks in all directions, it is an outdoor paradise for anyone who enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking, hunting, and/or just the simple pleasure of being outside amongst natural beauty. The Appalachian Trail runs through town and Mt. Rogers is an easy daytrip.
- Big city attractions are at a comfortable distance. Blacksburg, VA, Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, and Bristol Motor Speedway are all within a two-to-three-hour drive.
- The small size of Marion yields shortened commute times. In-town commutes average around ten to fifteen minutes. Nearby towns, such as, Abingdon and Wytheville provide increased housing options while maintaining a benign commute of less than an hour.
Target salary range: USD $155,000.00/Yr. - USD $162,500.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.