FARO is an imaging company - and an imagining company. We envision a better, more insightful, and more powerful world realized through digital 3D means and measurement technologies. Right from the start, we have helped our customers make better decisions - faster and more accurately than anyone else in the industry.
We work with the largest companies on the planet to provide the solutions that enable them to overcome their most pressing industry challenges. In aerospace and automotive, we work with firms like SpaceX, NASA, Tesla and Volvo among others. In the construction industry, we work with the largest builders to scan and design astonishing projects. For public safety professionals, our forensics scanning tools solve crimes and document scenes with high tech gear you probably see on CSI and in the movies!
We believe that if it can be dreamed it can also be measured. And if it can be measured, it can also be realized.
FARO is looking for a Industrial Designer/Mechanical Engineer to work out of our Americas office in Lake Mary, Florida.
- Design critical mechanical components for metrology instruments
- Develop and coordinate with vendors to provide finished work that meets requirements
- Perform hands-on assembly, testing and troubleshooting
- Determine root cause and corrective action of system failures
- Develop assembly, calibration and compensation techniques
- Serve as a mentor to other mechanical engineers and designers in areas of expertise
- Other mechanical design and analysis responsibilities may be added in the future as business conditions evolve.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant mechanical engineering/industrial design experience
- 10 years of relevant experience and/or a Master’s degree preferred
- Mechanical design using Solidworks or similar CAD package
- Surface modeling using Solidworks or similar CAD package
- Design of injection molded parts
- Industrial design and evaluation of products for improved product user interaction (UI/UX)
- Drawing generation in accordance with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design of machined, sheet metal and cast parts
- System error budgets and tolerance stack ups
- Bonus skill - Finite element analysis (FEA) using Solidworks Simulation or ANSYS
WHAT FARO CAN OFFER YOU:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
At FARO, we are committed to encouraging different perspectives and ideas that foster innovation. We believe that we are strongest with a diverse team of employees. We want every FARO employee to feel our commitment to showing respect for all and encouraging open collaboration and communication.
FARO is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FARO is a government contractor and will take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders.
Join us. Become part of a dynamic organization that values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.