Each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. Each employee is expected to offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. This position requires someone who is able to work in a flexible atmosphere; who has a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; and who is able to make productive use of time. Inherent technical skills and ability, good organizational skills, superior attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine tasks to ensure production quality standards are met. Performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuit cards, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. Performs hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognizes failures and set-up problems, and determines needs for appropriate verification. Operates programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, signal generators, DMMs, power supplies, and special test fixtures. Duties are well defined and require little judgment or interpretation. This position must perform these responsibilities with an awareness of all AS9100 and departmental requirements. This is an entry-level position.
- Set-up and Operate Test Equipment.
- Solid board-level troubleshooting skills.
- Conduct routine tests.
- Document results of tests.
- Maintain accurate labor and quality documentation required for product.
- Assist with test failure analysis to determine cause.
- Arrange for advanced troubleshooting and/or repair of units failing test.
- Interface with engineering on test failures when necessary.
- Perform standard maintenance on equipment as required.
- Prevent unauthorized modification to test equipment.
- Co-ordinate test procedures changes and upgrades.
- Work with engineering on upgrades to test software, hardware and procedures.
- Recommend changes to improve efficiencies and coverage of test methods.
- Follow all applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree in electronics technology or equivalent
- Experience: Up to one year related experience in electronic test and troubleshooting.
- Good technical communication skills will interface with engineers and technicians.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, schematics, component specifications and other technical documents.
- Basic knowledge of electronic circuitry, test equipment and electronics testing and trouble shooting
- Ability and desire to learn independently.
- Fluent Computer Skills (HW and SW).
- Can do attitude and ability to deal with change and conflict in a positive manner.
- Ability to understand priorities, constraints and problem escalation, and meeting commitments.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Professional level written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelors degree in engineering field
- Understanding of electronics assembly process