L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead, Systems Engineering
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
The Test Engineer will design, develop, integrate, test, deliver, and support automated test sets used for testing deliverable electronic hardware. A final test set includes test software, hardware, rack with equipment, test cables, and all associated drawings.
- As part of a team, design the electronic test interfaces and select the necessary equipment to perform the testing of deliverable electronic hardware.
- Develop test software in LabVIEW and TestStand to interface with the test equipment and automate the testing of the unit under test.
- Integrate the hardware design with the software to create a fully functional test set.
- Perform the test set verification and validation to ensure the test set functions as intended and meets the defined requirements.
- Understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, and product architectures to determine and develop the test system requirements, methods, and solutions designed to fully verify the product requirements.
- Lead and mentor test engineering team members throughout the test set design process.
- Planning, coordination, and/or execution of integration and test activities.
- Develop and execute test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- Interface with design and system engineering to define and implement test strategies.
- Present and participate within engineering review boards to improve overall quality and eliminate design defects early in the development lifecycle.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of technical reviews and program status.
- Requires B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering with minimum of 9 years’ experience or a M.S. with 7 years’ experience. A degree in a related engineering field may be considered with applicable electronic experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven experience architecting, managing, and integrating test systems using LabVIEW, TestStand, and/or other software languages.
- Certified LabVIEW and/or TestStand Developer is a plus.
- Prior experience with LabVIEW FPGA or VHDL for FPGA.
- Proficient in electronic system design, development and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience using National Instruments hardware platforms and electronic test equipment.
- Prior experience designing and developing electrical circuits, schematics, and layouts is a plus.
- Prior experience testing RF or electro-optical designs is a plus.
- Prior experience with communications systems and/or communication protocols. eg. RS232, 1553, RS422, Ethernet.
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.