Prismatic is a technology development company, specialising in the design, manufacture and delivery of innovative, high value aerospace products and systems. Prismatic is a subsidiary of BAE systems, led by a technically and commercially focused team. Our cutting edge systems (such as the high-altitude PHASA-35) have clear commercial value, are developed at pace and address critical customer needs.
Job Title – Electronics Design Engineer
We are currently looking for an Electronics Design Engineer to join Prismatic Ltd. based in Alton. This will be an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, but growing, team of Engineers working on exciting new Unmanned Air Vehicles.
Tasks and Accountabilities
As part of this role you will be responsible for undertaking activities such as: –
- Development of Avionics Hardware for Unmanned Air Vehicles including
- Schematic Design
- PCB Design
- Harness Definitions
- System Architecture
- Test and evaluation of designs, both internal and COTS equipment, to ensure the meet the environmental and operating conditions
- Managing activities ensuring the design/development is undertaken in accordance with Prismatic’s policies
We are looking for people with the following attributes: –
- Have relevant degree level qualification, or experience in Electronics Design.
- Ideally would have familiarity with Altium Designer and Concord Pro, or other professional electronics CAD package
- Ability to manage own workload both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work from both formal engineering drawings and from loose guidelines
- Good attention to detail
Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
Principal Terms and Conditions
- Post – Permanent.
- Salary – to be agreed depending on experience.
- Pension – 10% contribution from the company included.
- Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Working time 37.5 hrs per week.
- Location – Alton, Hampshire, UK.
- Start – ASAP.
- Eligible to participate in BAE Systems Share Incentive Scheme