Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Team
We are a team of passionate engineers who are committed to making a difference in the world. We are excited to work on challenging problems and to make a positive impact on the future of transportation.
We will achieve this by:
- Identifying and addressing pain points in the engineering process.
- Creating new tools and infrastructure to improve efficiency.
- Educating engineers on best practices.
- Leveraging cutting-edge technologies to boost productivity.
About the Work
- Collaborate with engineers across Nuro to identify pain points in the engineering process. Define, instrument, analyze, communicate, and monitor batch/stream metrics related to engineering velocity and system health.
- Creatively address day to day developer inefficiencies using the best methods available . This can mean making new internal tools, extending existing tools, or introducing new tools to the company.
- Build scalable infrastructure that continuously merges, builds, tests, and releases code while balancing coverage, speed, and cost. This is a challenging problem with no out of the box solution, especially due to the complexities of Nuro’s machine learning and hardware tests. Solving this requires employing state of the art techniques in areas like build optimization, intelligent test selection, and culprit finding.
- Own and improve fundamental libraries e.g. APIs/clients to interact with complex systems. This includes managing code dependencies (including third party libraries) and managing the structure of Nuro’s codebase.
- Educate developers on best practices and new tools.
- Leverage Generative AI to boost engineering productivity.
- Inefficiency bothers you. The thought of taking a frustrating process and making it elegant sounds appealing.
- You can flexibly build new tools end to end to address constantly changing developer needs.
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices.
- You know how to build scalable and reliable infrastructure pipelines.
- You are highly collaborative and care about creating the best possible user experience.
- You have strong software engineering skills in Python, C++ and/or Go.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, a related field, and 3-4 years of relevant industry experience.
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected base pay range is between $125,400 and $188,100 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.