Who are we?
Oxa is a technology startup founded in 2014 and scaling up rapidly across the UK, Canada and the US. As the global leader in autonomous vehicle software for businesses, we are fuelled by a bold purpose: to make the Earth move better. From passenger shuttles to industrial vehicles, our operating system for Universal Autonomy™ is transforming the way people and goods are transported by enabling any vehicle, in any environment, to operate autonomously — safely, securely and efficiently.
Our technology is also capturing investors’ imagination. As announced in January this year, to date we’ve raised $140 million in our Series C investment round. Accommodating growing demand from new and current shareholders, this funding is driving Oxbotica’s geographical expansion in North America and EMEA, and accelerating the deployment of our technology in domains where there is both urgent need and potential to scale.
We have an opportunity for a creative, intuitive and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to form a pivotal role within our Software Infrastructure team as part of our Build and Release function.
Our Software Engineers within this team establish and create the processes, build and deployment systems that enable a rapidly growing team of developers to collaborate safely and effectively on a large codebase.
As a Software Engineer (Build and Release) in our Software Infrastructure team you will:
- Continuously improving the build toolchains for our supported AV platforms across multiple target operating systems. This includes compiler, third-party dependencies management, build systems, etc.
- Designing and implementing our Product Release pipeline to support releases for multiple products with a strong focus on safety and traceability.
- Investigate and implement solution for running repeatable Apple and IOS builds in CI
- Plan and carry out a migration from on premises Apple build agents to cloud hosted Apple build agents
- Developing our CI/CD (Jenkins and Artifactory) pipelines and infrastructure to accelerate the development of new software features with confidence in code quality and performance.
- Working with stakeholders to provide solutions for test automation and test reporting.
- Interact with Product Owners to support the delivery of high quality software products to customers
- Enabling developers to collaborate on a large codebase, and vehicle teams to perform frequent deployments in a safe manner in multiple environments.
- Engaging with other teams within the company to identify opportunities for measurably improving our systems and processes.
- Supporting the development teams with their interpretation of code analysis and performance reports. Coaching others where necessary.
What you need to succeed:
- Hands-on experience working with build integration and release processes to deliver software to customers
- Exposure to developing for Apple and IOS targets using Xcode, AppleClang and C++
- Familiarity with C++ build systems (e.g. CMake, Bazel)
- Experience with developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, GitLab Runners)
- Experience packaging C++ and Python software for deployment to multiple target platforms (e.g. Linux, QNX, MacOS)
Extra kudos if you have experience with:
- Building and testing within Docker containers
- Building for Apple and IOS targets in a CI environment
- Modern C++ and Python
- Building software for embedded devices
- Cross-building / cross-compilation
You may hold a current title of or have previously been:
- A Software Engineer
- A Release Engineer
- A DevOps Engineer
- A C++ Software Engineer
- A Systems Integration Engineer
- A Site Reliability Engineer
- Competitive salary, benchmarked against the market and reviewed annually
- Hybrid and/or flexible work arrangements
- An outstanding £3,000 flexible benefits including private medical insurance, critical illness coverage, life assurance, EAP, group income protection
- A salary exchange pension plan
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pet-friendly office environment
- Safe assigned spaces for team members with individual and diverse needs
We promote an open and inclusive culture that empowers our Oxbots to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day. Oxa is proud to be an inclusive organisation and, as such, we require all team members within our recruitment process to understand and deploy best practices focused on de-biasing the whole recruitment cycle.We also apply a neuro inclusive lens to our recruitment process and want each potential Oxbot to enjoy the best experience possible for them. Please share with us any individual needs or reasonable adjustments we may need to make in advance of commencing the interview process with us.
Learn more about our culture here.
As an integral step of our hiring model, we ask you to complete our Work Sample Questions as part of the application process. These questions help us to assess your capabilities to work with us and also form part of our de-biased recruitment journey
Why become an Oxbot?
Our team of experts in computer science, AI, robotics and machine learning is world-class, and together they’re solving the most exciting and important technological challenges of our times.
But as well as smarts, Oxbots have heart. Our diverse, multi-cultural crew is guided by a shared vision to bring the myriad benefits of autonomy to our customers and partners. And in a company that celebrates uniqueness as much as skill and experience, they do it with energy, conviction and a healthy dose of excitement, too.
If you are bold, creative and hyper skilled, come and create the future of autonomy with us at Oxa.
Apply for this job