Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Systems Engineer II/Systems Engineer Senior
Perform engineering design and developmental tasks, systems analysis and design, and software and/or hardware development, individual component level, sub-system level to system level test and integration, etc. for all phases, systems, programs and or products from less complicated, single focus activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities in accordance with Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288. Work in any of the multiple engineering or technical fields of specialty. May participate in or lead teams in the design, development, and execution of innovative projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceive and develop solutions to engineering problems through the application of professionally and industry-wide accepted engineering techniques, practices and procedures. Ensure that engineering work conforms to high technical and company standards and meets or exceeds all contract requirements.
- Ensure the accuracy of designs and products. Compile and evaluate design and data to determine adequacy and completeness of the product or software and the engineering effectiveness of the results compared to requirements and specifications. May be responsible for tracking performance against costs, budgets, and schedules.
- Design, develop and modify applications, and or software systems, components, processes, and devices according to specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend innovative solutions/applications and/or software design approaches required for meeting contract specifications for new or modified products and systems.
- Compile and prepare necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings and product delivery documentation requirements.
- May review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness, compatibility, accuracy, and correctness.
- May organize, analyze, write, and present technical marketing and proposal information for program managers and customers.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project.
- Maintain and update required records and reports.
- Present and resolve any technical program difficulties or discrepancies with the team, customers, and subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Systems Engineer II - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Systems Engineer Senior - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required.
- Dataflow experience with NiagraFiles preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with XKEYSCORE and LOPERS preferred.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS government and non-government locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER II: $116,274 - $143,503 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER SENIOR: $143,459 - $166,954 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.