KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for leading and supervising all activities related to the industrialization and optimization of products in an efficient, pro-active, and synergistic manner.
• Participate in industrialization effort during bids and mobilization phase of the project.
• Support the Engineering department in all phases of evolution and customization of products.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of an industrialization plan for new products.
• Responsible for the industrialization project deliverables in line with time, cost, and quality targets.
• Support/facilitate problem-solving during prototype build.
• Support with development /update of manufacturing/product datapack (i.e assembly instructions and build history checklists).
• Responsible for the layout and setup of production lines.
• Perform detailed line balancing and ensure the successful completion of the task sequencings.
• Responsible for the introduction of new manufacturing technologies, infrastructure, and equipment.
• Responsible for engineering support to the Production team (including logistics and testing).
• Support with the investigation and resolution of product deviations during the production process and client feedback.
• Responsible for new and updated process information on the ERP system.
• Support with development and manufacturing of aids, tools, and Jigs.
• Establish operational methods and work standards and confirm task duration with the aid of time and motion studies.
• Optimize productivity (man, machine, and material) by analysing current processes and methods and identification of improvement projects in the cleanroom.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles to continuously improve methods, processes, and production KPI’s.
• Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardisation, technologies, architecture, best practices etc. under the guidance of the Engineering Department.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BEng Industrial Engineering Degree
Experience & Knowledge:
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in electronics hardware manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge and experience in technical support in a manufacturing environment
• Lean manufacturing experience
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
• Cleanroom, ESD, and optical assembly environment experience
• Lean six sigma Black Belt certified
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160