As our Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer, you will help our Logistics robotics engineering team design and produce the next generation of advanced robots with a focus on the design of mass-producible parts and assemblies. Every day you will work with a team of mechanical and electrical engineers to design unique and innovative parts and assemblies that can be scaled in a mass production environment. To thrive in this role, you must have a solid foundation in engineering design principles, be fluent in CAD, and be able to produce part and assembly drawings for production. If you are looking to work amongst colleagues who are collaborative, mission-driven, values-focused, and looking to have a positive impact on the world of robotics, come and join us!
Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. For years, our awe-inspiring viral videos on YouTube have shown the world what remarkably capable robots can do. Now we are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications, logistics and warehouses.
Day to day activities:
- Develop designs and lead NPI process from initial design to production
- Conduct failure analysis of robots at customer sites and in our test facilities
- Coordinate with domestic and overseas manufacturing partners to deliver solutions and upgrades on time, within performance specifications, and at cost.
- Develop test plans and test equipment to verify functionality and reliability of designs at all stages of development
- Create models, drawings, and specifications for parts and assemblies
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of motion control systems including motors, gearboxes, and sensors
- Proficient CATIA user or equivalent (NX, Solidworks, etc.)
- Working knowledge of mechanical components and assemblies and means of production
Nice to haves:
- Design of electro-mechanical actuators and sensors
- Experience transitioning early designs to production [NPI, EVT, DVT]
- Coding experience in C++ or Python
- Experience in thermal system analysis and testing
- Tolerance analysis and strong understanding of GD&T
- Test stand development and validation testing
A brief portfolio of images with short descriptions of recent work is strongly encouraged via either web-link or PDF.