Epirus is a high-growth technology company that develops solid-state, human-safe directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to enhance power efficiency in defense and commercial electronics. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining modern power systems to increase the velocity of change for our customers and bring tomorrow's capabilities to life, today.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The ideal candidate for the position is someone who has a breadth of knowledge developing software in embedded systems using modern programming languages.
- Building the software for real-time coordination of hundreds of intelligent power-amplified modules over web-based services
- Architecting and evolving an embedded Linux platform utilizing open-source software and web-based microservices
- Design and implementation of system management software to safely bring up, shutdown, and monitor a distributed system of electronic components
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members in the art of embedded software development
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 8+ years of experience developing software in a systems programming language such as C++, Rust, or C
- Experience developing resource-constrained software for embedded systems
- Expert knowledge of multi-threading, parallelism, and concurrency; an ability to produce thread-safe software modules that cooperate well together
- A firm grasp of Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, and other Computer Science fundamentals
- An understanding of computing performance and an ability to optimize software performance in large or distributed systems
- Strong software architecture instinct; ability to employ OOP to effectively refactor existing codebases safely and effectively
- Experience customizing Linux Kernels using Yocto and Bitbake
- Experience developing software within asymmetric multiprocessing environments
- Experience developing performance-critical logic on real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
People are the most important part of Epirus – and always come first. We don’t believe in the word impossible and are always asking “why not” as work to usher in a new paradigm of power efficiency. Our fast-growing team is agile, creative, and innovative. We support a culture of constant learning and sense of belonging among our team members and know that mentorship matters. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. To deliver on our mission, we are always looking for problem solvers, changemakers and innovators to join our fast-growing team.
As required by the Equal Pay Transparency Act, Epirus provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
For the state of California only, the range of starting pay for this role is: