About This Opportunity
The Electrical Engineer will be a part of the Manufacturing Engineering department to lead NPI engineering activities with turnkey suppliers, investigating board faults & fixing them (if necessary), from board standalone level up to the full assy level, and will be responsible for improving the company’s products in manufacturing aspects as well as all issues related to component engineering, EOL, second source & support for released products on the electronic side.
- Lead the electronics systems turnkey suppliers.
- Work closely with R&D
- Technical understanding in board design and manufacturing processes.
- Support the product design transfer from R&D and Lead mass production (The electronic side).
- Verification of board faults & their repair (instruction to board supplier).
- Support for all Mfg Engineers, PL & Final Test Dep.
- The application of the improvement of electronic assemblies/boards using the ERP system under the ECO process.
- Entering component parameter data into the ERP.
- Support product continuity
- Find and validate alternative components for cost reduction
- Solve complex electronics failures to assure smooth production ramp-up and to meet the products yield KPI.
- Liaising with procurement, configuration management, Quality, Electronic and mechanical design teams, component manufacturers and suppliers.
- Establish and source new vendors specifications, cost, and availability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering 3 years’ overall experience or Practical Electronics Engineer for at least 5 years at least.
- Proven experience in NPI processes, experience in board fault investigation and system vision – mandatory.
- Significant experience in supporting the mass production of electronics board.
- Full control of working with measurement tools such as DVM, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer – mandatory.
- Experience working with a PLM system, ERP system (Priority) and ORCAD system.
- Experience in supporting manual or automated production line testing equipment.
- Experience in Component engineering, A thorough understanding of component parameters and the ideal and non-ideal properties of components – Optional
- Personal skills
- Committed, dedicated, proactive, result orientated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Able to pay attention to details and be able to lead a problem-solving team.
- Willing to consult the opinion of others and negotiate consensus where necessary.
- High level command of English, spoken and written.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead without formal authority.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, energetic, assertive.
- Positive attitude and leadership.