Malloy Aeronautics is an innovative and rapidly growing company that leads the field in medium and heavy lift unmanned air vehicles for civilian and military applications.
We require an experienced systems engineer to lead the test and trials of aircraft, payload and 3rd party equipment; to evaluate performance and help us to demonstrate capability to our customers. This role will work with customers, the in-house team as well as partner companies in evolving technology spheres.
The ideal candidate will develop a strong understanding of all aspects of Malloy Aeronautics aircraft and systems. In order to accomplish this, you will need to be a multidisciplinary engineer, ready to solve challenges in a fast-paced environment using knowledge in areas including electrical, electronics, mechanical, control systems, aerospace and software engineering.
What you’ll own:
- Work with internal and 3rd party engineering teams to integrate new systems and payloads into our vehicles.
- Integrating and debugging complex systems involving electrical and electro-mechanical devices on aircraft and test fixtures.
- Taking leadership of the preparation of aircraft for trials and development tasks.
- Working with our Flight-Testing team in participating in pre- and post-flight procedures and working in the Ground Control Station
- Defining work for engineers and technicians, as required to achieve integration goals.
- Create testing plans designed to evaluate the performance of every element of a new capability.
- Inform the design and build of new test fixtures.
- Collection and analysis of data for reporting and performance improvement identification.
- Supporting the planning of complicated national and international trials.
Our ideal candidate:
- Can think on their feet to address electronic, mechanical and operational issues
- A relevant Apprenticeship, Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-to-5 years of Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical systems engineering experience directly pertaining to vehicle design or robotic systems, preferably in the UAV space.
- Experience integrating electrical, electro-mechanical and software systems.
- Evidence of past work testing complex systems in a incremental and safe manner.
- Creating and owning documentation for a variety of technical, program, and testing needs.
- Experience building vehicles or robots utilizing high power drives or actuators.
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Data analysis experience using off the shelf packages or self-scripted in e.g. Python, C++…
If you don’t have some of these specific skills then be able to demonstrate a willingness to develop skills in a fast moving, challenging environment.
Bonus points for:
- Model flying experience.
- Aircraft homebuilding experience.
- Experience working with composite structures.
- Software development experience.
- Machine automation exposure including use of sensors; EO, Lidar, radar sensors.
- Must have an existing right to work in the UK.
- Ability to commit to national and international travel.
- Good communicator, written and oral skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to work well in a team
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and goals.
- Attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for their work and self-motivated.
- Can keep a cool head under pressure