Vantage develops next generation UAVs and UAV components that impact national security, inspect critical infrastructure, and save lives. We are looking to hire a seasoned mechanical engineer with a demonstrated passion for performance structures to develop our next generation airframes. You will be part of a multi-functional team working with EE, SW/FW, test, and external partners to deliver our next generation nano drone and micro drones. The role has room for advancement into leadership positions.
You’ll be joining a small team of supportive, collaborative, and high-performing engineers, working closely with the CEO and CTO. We discuss our challenges openly as a team, review each other's work across disciplines, and help each other to build, test, and grow. We place a high value on rapid ideation and early testing of your designs. Our products are known for pushing the boundaries of the possible, and this wouldn’t be possible without our passion for excellence and our comfort in taking bold leaps.
- Create the absolute best drone airframes in the world
- Design, build, test, and repeat at an exceptional pace
- Manage CAD database of entire air vehicle
- Collaborate with team on subassembly integration, system design, debugging, and build
- Identify, retain, and manage external partners as needed
- Develop work instructions, drawings, quality test procedures, jigs and production fixtures to support the transition to production
- Help make your teammates better with design reviews, brainstorms, process development, and mentorship
- 5+ year hands-on experience designing complex high performance products
- Comfort and experience working as part of a small team to achieve audacious goals
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years experience driving Solidworks, knowledge of master model assembly methods, comfort managing large CAD repos, ability to maintain complex CAD assemblies
- Basic working knowledge of EE, RF, and electro mechanical systems necessary to support effective design collaboration
- Understanding of DFM, BOM/PLM management, work instruction development, and QC process refinement
- Comfort getting your hands dirty prototyping and testing regularly
- Excellent communication skills and fantastic attention to detail
- Preferred experience working with performance aerospace structural materials
- Preferred experience with FEA, topology optimization, and generative design
- Basic knowledge of GD&T
- Preferred experience with advanced 3D printing, composites, and adhesives
- Previous experience with small UAVs, especially quadrotors, is desirable
You can expect a competitive startup salary between $140,000-$190,000, generous equity, a satisfying and fast-paced work environment, a team you will learn from on a daily basis, and a product you will be proud to be involved with. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Benefits include 401K, healthcare, catered lunches, and the chance to fly every day.
Apply for this job