We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer who combines practical software skills with a very strong academic background
At Archangel Imaging, you will be working alongside a fun, experienced and forward-thinking team to deliver transformative AI solutions that help organisations like Network Rail, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and Ministry of Defence better protect our service personnel, critical infrastructure and first responders over large, remote areas. But that’s not all! We work extensively with industry drones and robotics partners to create turn-key solutions, so you will have exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies.
You will be joining a company that is enjoying great success. We have recently won the GENIUS NY program in New York (the largest accelerator program for unmanned systems in the world). In addition, we have won several exciting development projects with key defence customers.
What will you be responsible for:
- Developing embedded software for a state-of-the-art AI payload working under challenging conditions
- Integration of existing linux drivers into ROS, C++ and Python based software
- Create new algorithms to ensure power and time efficiency
- Write and maintain tests and test procedures to confirm the correct operation of the software.
- Write design documentation of a high standard.
You must have these to apply:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field
- Experience of delivering functioning commercial embedded software
- Excellent C/C++ skills & familiarity with Python
- Experience debugging Linux as well as interfaces (SPI, UART, CAN, USB)
- Deep understanding of Linux internals, kernel programming, device trees
Nice to have:
- Experience with Nvidia Jetson systems
- Experience of kernel mode and bare-metal programming on ARM
- Deep knowledge of camera systems to the sensor level
- RTOS programming experience
- Understanding of filesystems, networking, interprocess communication
- Sound knowledge of control theory
- Interest and experience in the Drone/UAS space
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems
- Interest in machine learning
- Familiarity with GPS/GNSS positioning
- Hardware and electronics rapid prototyping skills
- Able to travel for events and field tests in the UK and abroad
By joining us, you'll have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a small company building cutting edge technology with big vision
- Fast-paced environment with a positive, talented team
- Forward-thinking, supportive culture with Monday paid lunch, quarterly company retreats and strategic alignment, flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- Exciting growth opportunities and training resources Including training to be a UAV pilot
- Merit-based compensation
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays
- Employee equity options scheme upon passing probation
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, Cycle2work, shopping, and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- VR headset / DJI drone upon passing probation
Hybrid. We thrive on being a tight-knit team! As such, we encourage everyone who can to get together at our office in Osney Mead, Oxford, for a couple of days a week. We offer flexible work arrangements and even fly international team members over to join us on-site for special occasions and all-company get-together ✈
Apply now and someone from our HR team will get back to you ASAP. The usual process includes a screening call, a quick live coding test and then a meeting with more of the team to get to know each other. That’s it!
Sound interesting? Apply now and join us making the future