The position of FPGAs Design Engineer entails implementing, testing, and documenting RTL running on BMC's spaceborne radio frequency and optical communications products. The ideal candidate will have prior experience architecting FPGA modules and designs on the latest generations of Xilinx FPGA/SoC devices.
- Develop RTL for both module and top-level implementations with appropriate testbench and verification environments for testing.
- Execute full development life cycle - requirement capture, architecture, implementation, testing, and integration.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines, including electrical engineering, software engineers, and systems engineering.
- Support electrical engineers during various phases of board verification: design, bring-up and test.
- Highly proficient in RTL (Verilog or VHDL) languages.
- Highly proficient with Xilinx Vivado FPGA tool flows.
- Advanced knowledge of SoC architecture/design and industry standard interfaces.
- Experience integrating and testing third-party IP blocks.
- Knowledgeable in scripting/programming languages - primarily Tcl and Python.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Excellent expository writing and oral presentation skills.
- Must be a US Person (This position has export control and security-related requirements that mandate attention to the citizenship status of any potential candidate and necessitates that the individual either be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, or lawfully admitted into the United States as a refugee or granted asylum by the United States Government.)
About Blue Marble Communications
Blue Marble Communications designs and manufactures high-performance RF, free-space optical, and network communications modules and systems for deployment onboard satellites and other space vehicles. Our current product offerings include software-defined RF, microwave, and millimeter-wave modem/transceivers; optical laser communications terminals, Ethernet routers/switches, and systems comprised of combinations of these modules. BMC embraces a modern workplace culture and inclusive environment.
In the case an offer is extended, it is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screening.