We are mission critical
Beyond Gravity, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the first startup to combine agility, speed and innovation with decades of experience and proven quality. Around 1600 employees at 12 locations in six countries (Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Germany, USA and Finland) develop and manufacture products for satellites and launch vehicles with the goal of advancing humankind and enabling the exploration of the world and beyond. Beyond Gravity is the preferred supplier of structures for all types of launch vehicles and a leader in selected satellite products and for constellations in the New Space sector. Beyond Gravity also uses its space knowledge for applications outside of space technology: The high-precision products have already been used in the semiconductor industry for more than 20 years.
- Be the technical responsible for one of our mechatronic spacecraft systems - from recurring products for large satellite constellations to new developments for state-of-the-art space exploration missions
- Lead a project team of highly skilled experts (analysis engineers, test engineers, design engineers)
- Together with your team, generate ideas and solutions that create value for our customers
- Prepare component specifications for the procurement of special equipment
- Coordinate design and analysis activities; but also conduct engineering work yourself.
- Support production and test activities, and evaluate test results
- Establish and review technical documentation in English
- Negotiate with customers and suppliers on a technical level.
- Participate in customer reviews, including effective presentations of working results
- You have a MSc or PhD preferably in Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant job experience in mechatronics engineering for demanding applications such as aerospace, vacuum, scientific instruments, MedTech, …
- Generalist: Used to work with equations as much as with people
- Hands-on mentality: You have previously turned designs into hardware and mastered the challenges along the way
- Able to work under temporary phases with high schedule pressure, while still establishing an atmosphere that fosters productivity and makes working fun
- In-depth knowledge of any of the following is an asset: Spacecraft components and relevant standards, System Engineering Methods, data analysis, environmental testing
- Our working language is English. Knowledge of German is an asset
What we offer
- Work in an international environment with global mindset and high-tech products that will fly into space
- A highly specialized and motivated team with a lot of know-how in a unique industry
- We live a hands-on mentality and take suggestions for improvement seriously
- Attractive employment conditions (contribution to public transport, trainings and development opportunities, full paid maternity/paternity leave and many more)
- Flexible and mobile working and at least 5 weeks of vacation with possibility to buy additional vacation
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
Recruiter/HR Manager: Stefan Hunger | https://beyondgravity.com