Embedded Software Engineer
Job ID: 24-04
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
White River Technologies, Inc. is a small, high-tech company focused on research & development, testing, evaluation, and commercial support services for geophysical sensor and software technologies. Located in Lebanon, New Hampshire, our scientists and engineers are developing new technologies that utilize magnetic, electromagnetic, radar, acoustic and electro-optical sensing for defense, environmental, and energy applications. We are recognized as a national leader in explosive hazards detection and classification technology development and have a reputation for building innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are seeking an Electrical and Computer Engineer to join our growing R&D team in geophysical sensing technology development. The candidate will be responsible for supporting innovative, highimpact, practical research in small, focused teams. He/she will participate in all phases of R&D including problem analysis, innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping, field testing, and transfer of the technology to end-users. Our R&D focuses on a wide range of geophysical sensing technologies: from aerial drones to deep ocean unmanned platforms, to handheld devices and miniaturized sensors, to high-performance embedded and cloud-based computing. Work will include design, development and implementation of software technology solutions in a variety of development languages and environments. The successful candidate will gain experience in embedded- and application-level software design, delivery, test, image and signal processing algorithms development, navigation and controls algorithms development, user interface and modeling/simulation applications development. Technologies includes new initiatives in systems design, data analytics/forensics, data mining, and man-machine interfacing for magnetic, electromagnetic/RF, acoustics, electro-optical and positioning/navigation/timing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in software design and architecture including performance verification and validation at both component and system level documentation and implementation.
- Implement embedded solutions for our customers
- Collaborate with our physicists and engineers on next generation systems
- Deliver high-quality software in a fun, team-focused environment
- Chance to join survey teams in real-world field deployments of technology Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- One to five years’ experience working with sensors, robotics, digital electronics/software programming including experience with laboratory or field instrumentation
- Required skills include; embedded software development using C on dedicated MCUs, development experience with UNIX-like operating systems, and experience with BSDsockets.
- Preferred skills include: experience with PCB design and test; experience with microcontroller programming and implementation
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and with commercial and government clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Please submit resumes and correspondence to email@example.com. Reference Job ID in the subject line