Edge Autonomy is a leader in providing innovative autonomous systems, advanced optics, and resilient energy solutions to the US Department of Defense, the US Federal Civilian Agencies, allied governments, academic institutions, and commercial entities.
We are a company built from pioneers and we believe that innovation, no matter how small or how early, helps create a better world.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Job Code: 2024-100-005
Work Location: San Luis Obispo CA
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Salary Range: 125,000-175,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
About This Position
The Senior Systems Engineer, specializing in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), plays a pivotal role in our Engineering department. This Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for leading the development and integration of complex systems using MBSE methodologies, particularly utilizing Cameo Systems Modeler. The Senior Systems Engineer will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure system requirements, designs, and architectures are accurately modeled and communicated.
- Lead the development and maintenance of system models using Cameo Systems Modeler.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to understand and define complex system requirements.
- Implement MBSE methodologies to improve system development and lifecycle management.
- Conduct model-based analyses toestablish traceability and support system design decisions.
- Use model-based approaches to verify and validate system requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture and design documentation.
- Facilitate communication and understanding of system models across technical teams.
- Provide mentorship and guidance on MBSE best practices to engineering staff and other Systems Engineers.
- Drive continuous improvement of systems engineering processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 yearsof experience in systems engineering, with two years focused on MBSE.
- Extensive experience with Cameo Systems Modeler and other systems modeling tools.
- In-depth knowledge of MBSE methodologies and tools, especially Cameo Systems Modeler.
- Strong understanding of complex systems engineering principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor in MBSE practices.
- Strong communication skills, with proficiency in presenting complex technical information.
- Professional certification in systems engineering (e.g., CSEP) is advantageous.
- Experience in aerospace, defense, or a related industry is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in other related tools (e.g., SysML, UML) is a plus.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Group Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- HSA and FSA Options
- Critical Care Plan
- Accident Care Plan
If an offer of employment offer is extended, applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. An Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Edge Autonomy is committed to providing access, equal opportunityand reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.