The Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for developing the Systems Requirements Verification Matrix (SRVM), Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), managing system requirements, developing system architectures, managing the risk & opportunity process, performing trade studies, and managing the discrepancy report process. The Systems Engineer collaborates with a multifunction team - management, customers, suppliers, and specialty engineers to ensure functional integration and requirements compliance through system design, development, and sustainment. Supporting analysis, validation, data collection and engineering tasks are expected to be conducted by the applicant.
- Develop and maintain Systems Engineering documents including SRVM, SEMPs, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Requirements Database, Discrepancy Tracking Database, etc.
- Create System Test Descriptions/Procedures and System Test Reports
- Development and management of System Requirements including Verification and Validation planning and execution, utilizing industry methods
- Development of System Architecture utilizing Model Based Systems Engineering Tools Management of the Risk & Opportunity process including facilitation of mitigation and capture plan development and execution
- Development and execution of Trade Studies and Analysis supporting Program / Project decisions
- Management of Discrepancy Report development and closure • Mentor Engineers on Systems Engineering Processes, Procedures, tools, and techniques
- Support the preparation and execution of detailed projects plans, Engineering Releases, Interface Control Documents and Specifications
- Assist Program Managers / Project Engineers in preparing Integrated Master Schedules, Test plans ensuring budget allocation per the RAM
- Support the development and submittal of compliant technical proposals
- Support System Requirements Reviews (SRR) and Design Reviews (PDR/CDR)
- Prepare and present SE data and reports including testing results
- Collect and analyze system requirements, test data and customer requests to assess system operational functionality
- Coordinate design development and system integration (including subcontractors)
- Perform cost performance and weight studies for alternative design concepts
- Support the development for NAVAIR Flight Clearances
- Support the Chief Engineer’s written tasking as requested Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Five plus years (5+) applicable SE experience
- Robots, unmanned aerial vehicles, aircraft mechanical system integration and subsystem detail design and certification experience required
- NAVAIR or Army A-TEC flight clearance of airborne systems preferred
- Strong communication skills including verbalization of technical concepts / topics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- CAD experience / SolidWorks and NX a plus • US Citizenship Required
Dragonfly Pictures, Inc. (DPI), founded in 1992, is growing! We are a small R&D business transitioning into production. We have specialized in the design, fabrication and flight test of unmanned air vehicles and associated technologies. DPI leverages its unique skills and experience to develop ground-breaking technologies from concept through design, fabrication, qualification, and flight test. The company is dedicated to production of quality unmanned systems for the Dept. of Defense and commercial markets.
Dragonfly Pictures, Inc.
600 West Second Street
Aerospace and Defense, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email the the following information to email@example.com:
- Full name
- Title of the position to which you are applying
- Cover letter
- Email address, phone number, citizenship
DPI UAV Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive healthcare. Due to the nature of our work, we only employ US Citizens.