Lucid Bots, Inc. (formerly Lucid Drone Technologies) is a venture-backed startup developing autonomous drones and other robotic products for labor-intensive jobs. Since its founding in 2018, the company has participated in the world-renowned Y Combinator startup accelerator program, raised venture capital from Silicon Valley insiders, and hired top emerging talent in the drone industry. The company was recently recognized as Charlotte’s third fastest growing company and has ambitious plans for continued growth. The future of Lucid is what drives us every day. We aim to build a world where responsible robotics enable people to pursue a higher quality of life. The future of Lucid is what drives us every day.
We aim to build a world where responsible robotics enable people to pursue a higher quality of life. We have three fundamental beliefs about the future:
- Robots are the future of manual work.
- Everything that moves will be automated.
- Robots and automation have the ability to unlock new levels of abundance and prosperity.
Our mission is to elevate efficiency, safety, and humanity by creating the world’s most productive robots. Our core values are safety/quality, growth, humility, teamwork, and being customer-driven. We believe that by living these core values, we will create a better world through our work. We are looking for that special someone who is excited to work with a small creative team as a critical member of the team based out of our Charlotte location.
Primary Job Functions
- Assist with the design and development of mechanical sub-systems for use in robotic assemblies.
- Perform prototype and validation testing in lab and field environments
- Develop, review and perform test plans for robotic systems
- Troubleshoot system failures via Root Cause Analysis to understand failure origin
- Maintain engineering drawings and files (CAD, CNC, 3D Print, Assembly instructions)
- Stay current on latest industry advancements
- Other duties assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years experience in an engineering role
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and CAD software (e.g., Solidworks, Creo, Fusion360, OnShape)
- Ability to create and interpret technical drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5 standard
- Familiarity with Root Cause Analysis process and techniques (5 Why’s, Fishbone Diagram, FMEA, Fault Tree analysis)
- Experience using hand tools and equipment (CNC router, 3D Printers, soldering iron) to build prototypes as a ‘proof-of-concept’
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and documentation skills