The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for creating mechanical, kinematic, and systems designs and drawings. In a team environment, the applicant will develop models and drawings under the direction and supervision of senior and project engineers.
- Interpretation of engineering requirements, design specifications, and drawings into digital models and assemblies
- Develop studies for make and buy decisions for COTS or custom parts
- Develop, select, and determine the design details, such as standard component selection, thread and tolerance specifications, etc.
- Design machined, molded, and formed parts and assemblies as required.
- Create or revise accurate, detailed CAD models, assemblies, drawings, BOM’s, and other engineering documentation as required.
- Participate in onsite design and drawing reviews, prototype builds, verification testing.
- Create assembly documentation work instructions.
- Release and revise models and drawing in accordance with DPI’s Change Management process and PDM
- Hands-on build and assembly of systems as required to support programs
- Responsible for design and manufacturing ownership across DPI product lines
- Teamwork and collaboration in a dynamic environment
- Works under general direction
- BS Mechanical, Robotics, Mechatronics, Aerospace or similar with 5+ years of experience in mechanical/electro-mechanical design in a relevant field
- Unmanned Aerial Systems experience or industrial robotics strongly preferred
- Proficient in Solidworks or NX for 3D CAD design. Other CAD program experience can be accepted.
- Previous Teamcenter PDM experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) required
- Experience and familiarity designing for MIL-STD-810H is desired
- Good time management skills to be adaptable and flexible in fast paced environment
- US Citizenship required
Dragonfly Pictures, Inc. (DPI) founded in 1992, is growing! We are a small R&D business transitioning into production. We have specialized in the design, fabrication and flight test of unmanned air vehicles and associated technologies. DPI leverages its unique skills and experience to develop ground-breaking technologies from concept through design, fabrication, qualification, and flight test. The company is dedicated to production of quality unmanned systems for the Dept. of Defense and commercial markets.
Dragonfly Pictures, Inc.
600 West Second Street
Aerospace and Defense, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email the the following information to email@example.com:
- Full name
- Title of the position to which you are applying
- Cover letter
- Email address, phone number, citizenship
DPI UAV Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive healthcare. Due to the nature of our work, we only employ US Citizens.