We’re more than aviation experts, we’re pioneers. We challenge what’s possible. From breaking the sound barrier to advanced tiltrotor systems. Today, Bell is shaping the future of aviation through specialized engineering. And we want you.
We are developing the future of Army Aviation with the V-280 Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) and the Bell 360 Invictus Future Attack and Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA), part of the US Army’s Future Vertical Lift (FVL) modernization effort. We are also developing the Bell 525 Relentless, Bell’s Autonomous Pod Transport (APT), and Bell's High-Speed Vertical Take-Off and Landing (HSVTOL) program, a next generation stop-fold tilt-rotor.This position is based at Bell’s Ft. Worth, TX headquarters facility.
Bell is seeking a Rotor Systems Analysis Engineer to join one of many development and production programs. The Rotor Systems Analysis Engineer at Bell is a highly capable subject matter expert in the analysis of rotorcraft blades, hubs, and controls for strength, stiffness, durability, and stability requirements while minimizing weight and maximizing performance of the aircraft. This position is based at Bell’s Ft. Worth, TX headquarters facility.
What you’ll be doing as a Rotor Systems Analysis Engineer:
- As subject matter expert, provide sound technical direction and support to multiple programs.
- Influence and/or author standard group work practices, policies, and procedures to ensure consistency, accuracy, and performance across Engineering.
- Communicate status or issues to all levels of leadership, customers, or authorities.
- Set priorities, motivate yourself and others, and act decisively to achieve both near- and long-term goals.
- Guide and develop talent – serve as the primary contact for any level up to and including the Technical Leads on each program.
- Perform detailed analyses to satisfy airworthiness requirements for advanced vertical lift composite and metallic rotor system components using both classical and finite element methods (FEM).
- Develop and author test plans, instrumentation requests, monitoring limits, inspection criteria, repair procedures, or stress reports necessary for airworthiness.
Skills You Bring To this Role:
- Minimum 14 years of experience in relevant analysis of advanced composite or metallic components.
- Strong knowledge in fundamentals of analysis and design of complex structures and loading environments including but not limited to classical static strength analysis techniques, free body diagrams, fatigue and damage tolerance, and computer aided design or drafting (CAD) skills for model review and preparation.
- Proficiency with finite element analysis (FEA) of complex models.
- Effective communication and organizational agility across large cross functional teams.
- Organize and prioritize tasks while maintaining flexibility through the fast paced, evolving environment.
What you need to be successful:
- We are looking for inquisitive and driven engineers with a passion to innovate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; Mechanical or Aerospace discipline is preferred.
- Advanced degrees will be considered as additional experience.
- Related degrees with relevant experience will be considered.
It’s time to make your mark on the future of aviation. Join us on this mission, and let’s make history together.
We are on a journey to amplify innovation, cultivate purpose and bridge experiences by fostering a culture that is driven by unique perspectives, voices and values.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Field Engineering
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting 02/06/2024, 4:44:17 PM